Monday, February 8, 2010

Ink

Last night I watched a film by the name of "Ink." EJD and I went out on a limb last evening and steered away from the Documentary project that she has been working on for the past 5 months or so. I saw scary light bulb eyes and read the back "The Next IT movie" was written in bold and followed by other various citations of "Donnie Darko probably other "indie" fantasy title...blah blah blah, I quite frankly don't remember. Either way we decided to grab it, for some reason holding it made me feel like I was about to watch MirrorMask or something of fantastical dreamworlds where good and evil vie for souls or control of humanity and that nature. Well it was just that. I thought it was a solid film based on the plot of Two groups of folks come to us while we sleep. One group dressed sharply from Abercrombie or AE gives us nice dreams filled with puppies, chocolate, our dead loved ones and being rockstars. While DEVO comes and gives us all of those I'm drowning, spitting out teeth, plastic bag over the head, sweaty nightmares.Everyone knows martial arts too! Ah but there is a third party; a loan individual shows up looking like a human Skeksi and kidnaps our psuedo-main character young girl in the dream realm placing her in a coma. She is needed for a sacrifice to allow his transition into DEVO and shed this awful dark crystal guise! So mad mad dash for AE models to bring her estranged dad to coma girls bedside to help wake her up.

I'm making fun of this and I don't know why. I really liked this film. The visuals were solid for an "indie film" and the plot left a lot of room for your own imagination to explore this dream world/war thing going on along with various other ideas and what roles people played in the mythos of the movie. Thick commentary on "what is important" or maybe exploring some sin action by giving examples of greed, vanity and pride. It through redemption in there of course, and how important it can be to trust in yourself and not loose sight of moral high grounds. Love. .

No comments:

Post a Comment