Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I sit and wait for some bolt of inspiration to jar my fingers into writing descriptions of unknown planets, vast unknown stretches of universe and two characters reaching the end of their limits while I pile on the misery. I wait while refreshing my demonoid account so that I may pirate the new comics of Wednesday. I have no job which means no money, well I have some money but no money for that. Which I think is ok, but I guess the point of this is that I have a strong desire to look at sequential art and stories. Its burning my mind. I love comic books, I love them and I can not get enough of them. To me they are inspirational a fine meld of story telling and imagery. The new mythologies of our time teaching us of morals, integrity, metaphors of our government, wars and social politics. I suppose I can be criticized for my "low brow" approach to literature. I welcome that. Mostly because the ones criticizing lack any education and experience in the matter of comic books. Many of them just think its a bunch of colorful super powered ambiguous men and woman posturing themselves in epic running or flying sequences. Yes, yes there are those, and I can't help but also love these particular stories. Again its our mythology, our cave paintings and illuminated text. Its our new norse,greek and roman gods teaching us.
Im noticing Im going nowhere with this particular rant. Im sitting and waiting for free comics. I love them, they inspire me. I love reading about fantastical worlds, seedy cities and domestic disputes of identity. Maybe it the escapist in me. I just feel like I belong in the pages, in the stills, in the white borders. I feel more in touch with the men and woman of Marvel, DC, Image, DarkHorse, IDW, Boom.

I want to mean something to you. I am terribly afraid of this world. Its not the world I had envisioned as a boy. Love is a work of fiction. Hate is engineered. Hate is a locomotive with a wild eyed Casey Jones at the helm screaming for more coal.

No comments:

Post a Comment